How to get rid of stylish and modern addictions in 6 easy steps
Modern addictions?😁 Are you an addict? Of course you are not; you don’t drink every day or smoke more than 3 cigarettes per day… But I’m not talking about the usual drugs, honey … Let’s talk about the more modern and stylish addictions.
I’m talking about television, shopping, internet, selfies, phones and the list goes on. Addictions can give a person the comfort and release they need when they feel stressed out by life’s demands.
Too much of anything, even a good thing, can be dangerous.
If you feel that your addiction is taking control of your life, take heart. There is a lot you can do to get rid of that addition. You may have to make some sacrifices and adjust to certain changes in your lifestyle but the end result will be an addiction free life. So let’s see how to get rid of them. Let’s take for example the phone, Internet and selfie addiction as they usually come together.
1. First, identify and acknowledge your addiction. Do you have a smart phone? Do you go to bed with it, put it near your plate when you eat, take photos of your meal, of you at the restaurant, of the décor of the restaurant, anything fancy around? Addicted, darling. Admit it. It takes one to recognize one.
2. Next, resolve to quit being obsessed with the phone. You can call it best friend, business tool, research, keeping in touch…If it’s useful it’s not an addiction, right? Wrong, get back to step 1.
3. Seek help from friends and family. Make them take photos with you…add them to FB, Insta, Google+, Pinterest, Youtube…The support of a strong network of friends and family is a must for those who wish to deal with their addiction problems.
4. Be willing to make changes in your lifestyle. At least learn how to take some good photos, how to pose and when to do it. Take videos, they are cool right now. Be original, get inspired but don’t copy…
5. Stay active. Don’t let your mind stay idle. Remember the old saying “An idle mind is the devils workshop”. I really don’t know what I wanted to say with this. Yes, do some sports in the open air and breathe some fresh air, and document your activities with photos.
6. Do Nothing. If you do nada, that means you’re not getting worse, and that is perfectly acceptable most days. After all, tomorrow is another day.